Thursday, July 07, 2005

7th July 2005



This is one of my favourite photographs of London, and I think it underlines the strength of city.

I love my life in London, and even though I'm not there right now I am still heartbroken about what has happened today. I felt so touched today, receiving texts and calls checking to see that both myself and my boyfriend are okay, and I feel terrible for those people who didn't get good news when they made their calls. Gratuitous loss of life is unacceptable, whether it is in London, Africa, or Iraq. I can see the context into which today falls, but to me it is something of a personal tragedy, being as it is in a place that I really hold close to my heart.

I know the future looks dark
But it's there that the kids of today must carry the light

We can be stronger than bombs
If you're singing along and you know that you really believe

We can speak louder than ignorance
Cause we speak in silence every time our eyes meet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I know exactly how you feel about this today ..

thanks for leaving a comment on my blog -- it's nice to meet you :-) and I totally agree about The House of Sleep. Wonderful, wonderful book ..

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home